POSITION: CHILDCARE PROVIDER – PART-TIME
LOCATION: Adrienne’s House
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Shelter Director
HOURS: Part-time Tues-Fri: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Some additional evening and weekend work will be required.
SUMMARY: Provide onsite childcare services for residential and nonresidential clients
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Must be 21 years old. High school diploma or GED required. Previous experience in childcare setting preferred.
Must be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups of clients.
Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of the clinical team.
Ability to work within agency mission, philosophy and policies/procedures.
Must have a reliable vehicle and meet agency driving policy requirements, including a valid driver license and proof of required automobile insurance. Travel may be required.
General physical requirements include but are not limited to: bending, stooping, climbing stairs, prolonged sitting of more than 4 hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide on-site childcare services for residential and nonresidential clients
- Provide support/respite services to residential parents
- Provide transportation to off-site programs, school, and/or summer camps as needed
- Follow childcare guidelines in the agency’s policies and procedures
- Maintain daily logs of children receiving childcare
- Provide positive and encouraging support to children receiving services
- Inform the Shelter Director of any children with special needs
- Inform parents of children’s progress
- Provides homework assistance as needed
- Attend monthly Adrienne’s House staff meetings
- Adhere to the agency’s confidentiality policies, maintaining a high-level standard of confidentiality
- Report any known or suspected child abuse to immediate supervisor
- Report any suspicious activity or persons
- Attend and participate in agency staff meetings and trainings
- Report to work on time as scheduled
- Maintain a valid driver license and proof of required automobile insurance
- Perform all other duties and/or participate in special projects as assigned by direct supervisor or Chief Executive Officer.
- Participate in hurricane evacuation and facility preparation.
- In case of emergencies and extreme circumstances, will be required to assist with 24-hour shelter coverage
- Work in conjunction with other program components and staff to ensure effective communication of agency and client concerns, recommendations, and needs.