POSITION: CASE MANAGER
HOURS: Full-Time 40-hour work week Monday – Friday, some evening and weekend work may be required.
SUMMARY: Provides case management services and transportation for adult and child residents of emergency and transitional shelter programs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Essential position requirements include but are not limited to: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field. Two (2) years of related experience preferred.
Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of clients, staff and individuals in the community.
Ability to work diplomatically in order to gain and maintain professional relationships with various community partners and contacts
Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment
Ability to express complex information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work within agency mission, philosophy and policies/procedures.
Must have a reliable vehicle and meet agency driving policy requirements, including a valid driver license and proof of required automobile insurance. Ability to obtain Class D driver license. Local travel required
General physical requirements include but are not limited to: bending, stooping, climbing stairs, prolonged sitting of more than 4 hours.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Client Services Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Conduct initial assessments for clients to determine resource needs
- Facilitate client development of social supports, safety plans and service plans
- Collaborate with other community partners and social service agencies to seek and obtain services for clients
- Conduct weekly life skills group
- Provide recommendations to clinical staff for housing programs
- Provide client transportation as needed to community locations
- Attend and participate in weekly clinical staffing meetings
- Provide clinical backup per established schedule
- Conduct morning meetings (Monday-Friday) with all shelter residents to assess needs and progress
- Aid shelter residents in need of relocation outside of service area
- Collaborate with Client Services Manager to carry out effective services to clients
- Make appropriate client referrals for continued services upon discharge
- Maintain comprehensive and organized files utilizing the automated data and case management system
- Adhere to the agency’s confidentiality policies, maintaining a high level standard of confidentiality
- Compile and accurately report all applicable program statistics and educational activities on time and as directed
- Report any known or suspected child abuse to immediate supervisor
- Report any suspicious activity or persons
- Attend and participate in agency staff meetings and trainings
- Report to work on time as scheduled
- Maintain a valid driver license and proof of required automobile insurance
- Perform all other duties and/or participate in special projects as assigned by direct supervisor or Chief Executive Officer.
- Participate in hurricane evacuation and facility preparation.
- In case of emergencies and extreme circumstances, will be required to assist with 24-hour shelter coverage
- Work in conjunction with other program components and staff to ensure effective communication of agency and client concerns, recommendations, and needs.